Climate change, endangered animal species, and a widening hole in the ozone layer are just a few of the things changing our planet for the worse. While most of us may not have pursued careers to save the earth, there’s one significant way we can all help—by cleaning up our beauty routine. Using products derived from natural ingredients is a start; however, taking a more in-depth look into the small details that we ignore, like the packaging and production of our beauty products, is equally important. Lessening your carbon footprint is the name of the game—something as simple as using a biodegradable toothbrush can help you do your part.
Outside of the more obvious issue of plastic waste from beauty products, our beauty shopping habits cause avoidable waste. In celebration of Earth Day, you can take important steps to preserve the planet by shopping products that help to minimize waste.
If you’re looking for ways to clean up your carbon footprint, here are 14 products to add to your shopping cart.
13. CHI LAVA Dryer
If your hair takes forever to dry, this new blowdryer from CHI saves energy (up to 50%), meaning it’s well worth the investment.
Made with Volcanic Lava and Ceramic heater that provides gentle consistent heat during styling. The combination of volcanic lava and ceramic allows styling at lower temperatures than normal which produces less damage to the hair while offering smooth, shiny results.
- Volcanic Lava Ceramic heater provides less damage to the hair offering smooth, shiny results
- Volcanic and ceramic minerals are embedded into the honeycomb ceramic lava heater
- Volcanic ceramic minerals conduct negative ions automatically
- Lava ceramic ions smooth, reduce frizz and lock-in shine providing moist heat for healthier hair
- Cold air temperature for setting styles
- Slide switch prevents from turning dryer off accidentally
- Energy saver up to 50%