There’s no hairstyle quite as transformative or difficult to re-create at home as a real good blowout. Blow-drying your own hair is hard, despite stylists’ swearing on their lives, graves, and favorite hairspray that, with the right hair-dryer, even the most round-brush-inept can pull off a perfect blowout.
No shade to the experts, but dropping half your rent money on a hair-dryer that might leave you fried or frizzy is reason enough to keep booking Drybar appointments. Heck, it’s borderline fiscally responsible. But as much as we’d like to live in a world where we can budget both time and money on a pro job, we’d rather a good hair day be in our own hands. So our editors tested the best hair-dryers to see whether a faux-professional blowout at home is the stuff of myth or actually attainable. Spoiler: These dryers work like magic—and live up to their price tags. Scroll on for the best hair-dryers for every hair type and budget.
The Best Hair-Dryer for Less Frizz
- Touch screen control: New touch screen design with easily adjustable speedometer dials for speed, temperature, and ion control.
- New design: Lighter and more compact with a concave handle for a more comfortable grip position.
- 3D ion generation system: Emits over three times more ions to reduce frizz.
- Hands-free: Back of dryer can be used as a stand on a flat surface for hands-free drying.
- CHI ceramic technology: Provides moist heat and keeps a consistent temperature to aid in reducing thermal heat styling damage.