We’ve got the full blow by blow — complete with top-tested Beauty Lab picks, GH Seal stars and best-selling editor faves. Whether you’re going for everyday at-home use, an easy travel pick, or pro-level blow-outs, you won’t be disappointed with these.
Best for High-Tech Styling: CHI Touch 2 Dryer
You may already know about CHI’s flat irons, but the brand also has great dryers. This has a built-in touchscreen to adjust the settings. GH testers had mixed feelings — some loved it, some found it difficult to use — but everyone liked the hefty size of the dryer.
- Quietest according to testers and lab analysis
- Comfortable to hold
- Longest cord in test
- Attached cord tie for easy storage
Consumer testers loved the weight of the dryer and noted that even though the hairdryer “wasn’t heavy, it was pretty large.” Touch screen control didn’t impress our testers, and they said it was somewhat difficult to use and get it “exact.” Other testers said they liked being able to adjust the settings using the touch screen scale. CHI also had the longest cord of all contenders with an attached tie for easy storage.
Experience the second generation of touch-screen styling with the new design of the CHI Touch 2 Hair Dryer. Slimmer and superiorly lightweight, it features a compact 2.4 inch touch screen control and a unique speedometer easily customizable intelligent settings, including controlling the speed, temperature, and ionic output.
- Touch screen control: New touch screen design with easily adjustable speedometer dials for speed, temperature, and ion control.
- New design: Lighter and more compact with a concave handle for a more comfortable grip position.
- 3D ion generation system: Emits over three times more ions to reduce frizz.
- Hands-free: Back of dryer can be used as a stand on a flat surface for hands-free drying.