Not even bad weather could bring a fabulous Fashion Week down. Miss Universe and international Sweetheart, Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters showed us all just how NYFW style is supposed to be done, from her hair to her stilettos.
CHI stylist Tammy Mixon played upon Demi’s classic beauty with styles that would complement any high fashion attire and stay flawless through the NY Drizzle. CHI Shows you how to recreate her effortless chic styles.
Sleek Chignon – Son Jung Wan
1. Prep hair by spraying CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protecting Spray throughout the hair.
2. Taking 1” sections, smooth hair using the CHI LAVA 1” Hairstyling Iron, paying close attention to smoothing the root area. Curl the ends of the hair slightly under.
3. Create a deep side part on the preferred side.
4. Divide hair into 3 equal sections. Left, right and back. Smooth the back section only into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic band and pins. The two front sections remain lose.
5. Take one front section and wrap around the pony clockwise, secure with a pin into ponytail. Take the remaining side section and wrap around the pony counter clockwise, secure with a pin into the ponytail.
6. Twist the ponytail tightly, wrapping it around itself clockwise until a bun is formed. Secure in with pins.
Bended Braid Bun – Vivi Zubedi
1. Create a diagonal section from the top of the ear to the top of the other ear.
2. Back section is brushed up to the top of the head and secured into a ponytail.
3. Brush the front section back and combine in the back section making one sleek pony.
4. Using the CHI LAVA 1″ Hairstyling Iron slightly curl the ends for control.
5. Loosely braid the ponytail, wrap it around forming a topknot and secure with pins.
6. Finish off with CHI Helmet Head making all of the edges nice and clean.
Bombshell Curls – Black Panther NYFW
2. Create a deep side part on preferred side.
3. Take 1” section of hair and spray section with CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray – Natural Hold.
4. Wrap section around the barrel of DURA CHI 1.25” Curling Iron to create curl.
5. Release hair from iron and wrap hair neatly around your index finger recreating the curl. Pin with clip to set.
6. Repeat for all sections of the hair. Let curls cool in set for additional 5 minutes.
7. Remove pins in the same order as they were curled to maximize set.
8. Brush through curls with CHI Paddle Brush.
9. Brush one side of hair back and pin behind the ear.
10. Finish with CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray – Natural Hold.