Up there on the list of annoying tasks like doing the dishes and waiting in line at airport security is drying your hair. It’s loud, heavy, and time-consuming, but for those cursed with hair that just can’t be air-dried (I know the struggle, trust me), allow us to introduce you to ionic hair dryers. In layman’s terms, they work by transferring negative ions to the hair, which attracts the positive ions in water to help the hair dry faster. Aside from the convenience of getting your hair to dry faster, this process helps seal the strands’ cuticles to retain moisture.
The end result: shiner, healthier hair. Take a look at some of our favorite ionic hair dryers.
Experience the second generation of touch-screen styling with the new design of the CHI Touch 2 Hair Dryer. Slimmer and superiorly lightweight, it features a compact 2.4 inch touch screen control and a unique speedometer easily customizable intelligent settings, including controlling the speed, temperature, and ionic output.
- Touch screen control: New touch screen design with easily adjustable speedometer dials for speed, temperature, and ion control.
- New design: Lighter and more compact with a concave handle for a more comfortable grip position.
- 3D ion generation system: Emits over three times more ions to reduce frizz.
- Hands-free: Back of dryer can be used as a stand on a flat surface for hands-free drying.
- CHI ceramic technology: Provides moist heat and keeps a consistent temperature to aid in reducing thermal heat styling damage.