Miss Universe, Demi-Leigh Nel Peters and Miss USA, Kára McCullough, stepped up their styling game for the NYFW Sun Jung Wan show on Feb. 10th 2018. CHI lead artist Tammy Mixon gave each reigning queen a unique take on a classic bun style. Demi opted for a low twisted chignon with a dramatic side part while Kara boldly chose a chic take on the ever trending space buns.
3. Create a deep side part on the preferred side.
4. Divide hair into 3 equal sections. Left, right and back. Smooth the back section only into a low pony tale and secure with an elastic band and pins. The two front sections remain lose.
5. Take one front section and wrap around the pony clockwise, secure with a pin into ponytale. Take the remaining side section and wrap around the pony counter clockwise , secured with a pin into ponytale.
Double Bun Fun
1. Create a center part and section the hair into to pigtails.
2. Leaving out .5inch or hair in the front by the face, Gather one side section of hair high on top of the head. Using the CHI Smoothing Comb, smooth any fly always or bumps. Secure pig tail with rubber band
3. Twist the pigtail to the ends. Then wrap pigtail around itself until you create a small bun. Secure with bobby pins. Tip, the bun should look imperfect, so let your natural texture come through the bun.
4. Repeat with the other pigtail.