From the time she won Miss USA, Kara McCullough has been making hair statements that scream individuality. This week, Kara teamed up with CHI global artist Tammy Mixon for 2018 Fall Fashion week, ensuring her hairstyles would make the ultimate fashion statement! From stunning chignons and funky double top knots to rocking her own naturally textured curls, Kara’s looks were carefully created to enhance her designer outfits and express her unique taste on fashion. CHI Haircare shows you how to recreate each of these red carpet worthy looks!
Double Top Knots – Son Jung Wan
1. Create a center part and section the hair into two pigtails.
2. Leaving out .5inch of hair in the front by the face, gather one side section of hair high on top of the head. Using the CHI Smoothing Comb, smooth any fly always or bumps. Secure pigtail with rubber band.
3. Twist the pigtail to the ends. Then wrap pigtail around itself until you create a small bun. Secure with bobby pins. Tip, the bun should look imperfect, so let your natural texture come through the bun.
4. Repeat with the other pigtail.
6. Smooth edges with CHI Finishing Pomade to secure baby hairs at the crown.
7. Finish with CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray – Natural Hold.
Fab Fro – Vivi Zubedi
1. Using a small CHI Tapered Wand wrap the hair around the wand alternating directions in a circular pattern around the head.
2. Lift the hair up from underneath and pin with bobby pins to eliminate length.
3. Lightly spray the hair with CHI Infra Texture and tease underneath to create volume and pin in place to create a circular shape.
4. Finish off with CHI Helmet Head to keep the shape in place.
Sleek Bun – Black Panther NYFW
1. Lightly mist the hair with CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protecting Spray to add moisture to the hair and to protect against heat damage.
2. Take a section from top of the ear to top of the ear. Brush the hair back into a low ponytail.
3. Using CHI Spray Wax on the two front sections, sculpt natural waves into the hair.
4. Take the two front sections and with the end of your comb wrap them around the ponytail holder to cover the rubber band.
5. Twist the ponytail around itself until it forms a bun and secure with pins.