Over the weekend, the hottest movie in the world, Black Panther, shattered box office records. Even hotter than the film itself? The bold styles seen at the New York Fashion Week event, “Welcome to Wakanda,” which were inspired by the Marvel film. Instagram sensation and newest SI Swimsuit model, Olivia Jordan, was there to check out the amazing costume and jewelry designs at the show. Her red carpet hairstyle was hotter than ever with CHI giving her wavy look the perfect balance of glamour and sensuality.
If you want to rock this red carpet style, perfect for high profile events, check out how to recreate this gorgeous look from CHI Artist, Tammy Mixon:
Get The Look: Beach Waves – Black Panther NYFW Event
- Starting on one side of the front, directing the hair away from the face, wrap the hair around the CHI LAVA 1” Hairstyling Iron and slide down the section. Releasing a couple of inches before it reaches the ends to form looser waves with straighter ends.
- Continue this ¾s way around the head.
- Repeat this on the opposite side of the head making sure to direct the hair away from the face and towards the back of the head.
- Brush the curls loosely and spray into waves with CHI Infra Texture Spray to create volume and texture through the ends.
- Set the hair with CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray – Natural Hold.