1. Keep dog relaxed.
2. Hold paw gently but, in a secure manner.
3. Be cautious of the blood vessel that runs down the center of the nail. Try to locate and avoid cutting it.
4. In a 45 degree angle trim nail using single/steady pressure.
5. To remove rough edges use a nail file.
6. It is recommended every 4-6 weeks you trim your dog’s nails.
Why take your dog in to have his nails trimmed when the CHI Small Nail Clipper makes it easy to do the job at home? Perfect for small dogs, it features a safety guard to help prevent the cutting of blood vessels.
Brush in the direction of hair growth. Start at the rear of pet and work your way forward. When necessary, follow up by bathing dog with the CHI for Dogs Shed Control Shampoo. When met under time restraints, CHI for Dogs Dry Shampoo is a great alternative after brushing your dog.