Surprise! Rowan Blanchard debuted her pixie cut transformation at the InStyle and Warner Bros. 2019 Golden Globe Awards After Party! Since the young actress started the new year by cutting off almost nine inches of hair, celebrity stylist Laurie Heaps(@_hairbylaurie) was tasked with giving her short length an edgy, party-ready style.
The inspiration: “We drew inspiration from iconic looks. Think Mia Farrow, Natalie Portman and Edie Sedgwick,” shares Laurie. “But I did not want to re-create past pixies. The look needed to be bolder with more attitude, more edge. Rowan expresses her creativity with her own vision and meaning of what beauty is and hair is one of the ways you can do this.”
Peep the before and after transformation below, then keep reading to learn how Laurie styled this textured pixie!
How To Steps
1. Prep wet hair with OUAI Soft Mousse to add volume without making the hair feel too sticky or stiff. “You need the end result to still look soft, yet with shape,” shares Laurie.
2. Next, rough-dry the hair with the ghd Air® Hairdryer and use your fingers to create texture and movement. “No brush is needed since this can flatten the look,” advises Laurie. “Quickly moving your fingers back and forth through the cut while drying is important—it is what a short cut like this needs.”
3. Once the hair is dry, apply a combination of CHI Spray Wax and OUAI Matte Pomade for even more texture. The wax provides hold that is still flexible while the pomade adds more to the piecey nature of the style.
4. Finished look // Instagram via @chrishoran20
Pliable hold spray wax that creates a variety of textured looks with a touchable feel.
Key Ingredients & Benefits:
- Pliable hold
- Touchable finish
- Flexible control
- Silk – Protects and maintains hair’s strength and resilience, building a natural layer of resistance to damaged.
- CHI Ceramic Compound