The great thing about beauty is that there is something for everyone. Even as the trend these days is skewing towards plenty of texture and heatless styling, the tried and true flatiron still has a place. After all, some of us just want our hair smooth and straight from time to time — or, depending on who you are, most of the time. But pressing your hair between two scorching-hot plates can be a recipe for a dried, sizzled, frizzy disaster. Or at least it can be if you’re using the wrong flatiron. On the flip side, using a good one can make all the world of difference. And that’s where we come in. We’ve scoured the world of flatirons to bring you the best of the best, at a range of price points. So whether you’ve got the coins for an affordable Conair or can shell out the big bucks for a Harry Josh, these 20 straighteners will give you that just-back-from-the-salon look — minus the scorch.
Under $250: CHI DURA 1” Ceramic Styling Iron
- Touch sensitive temperature control: Innovative and easy to use touch sensitive technology
- 30 second heat up: Rapid PTC ceramic heater
- Unsurpassed durability and strength
- Extended plate length: 4” length plates
- Layered silicone under plates: Provides shock absorption for added durability and creates the ultimate floating plate for style versatility